1993 – Anwar Ibrahim is appointed Deputy Prime Minister and presumptive heir to Mahathir as Prime Minister of Malaysia.
2020 – Mahathir resigns as Prime Minister of Malaysia for the second time, dashing, once again, Anwar’s expectations as his air-apparent.
Nampaknya hubungan Anwar/ Mahathir memberi contoh bagi teori Pulangan Abadi yang dibentangkan oleh Friedrich Nietzsche.
1998 – Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim is sacked from all posts in government posts, expelled from UMNO and charged under corruption and sodomy laws.
The original cartoon addresses, amongst other issues, the PUTERA vs UMNO conflict prior to Federation in 1948. The DR is, of course, Dr. Burhanuddin Helmi.
Source Image: https://www.slideshare.net/ComChe/hartaltheuntoldstory
1955 – A decisive win for Alliance in the first elections held in Malaya.
2020 – BN, PPBM, PAS, GPS, PBS, and STAR formalize Perikatan Nasional.
… supaya kamu jangan berduka cita terhadap apa yang luput dari kamu, dan supaya kamu jangan terlalu gembira terhadap apa yang diberikan-Nya kepadamu…” (QS. Al Hadiid:23)
“… dan tidak sesuatu yang basah atau yang kering, melainkan tertulis dalam kitab yang nyata … ” (QS. Al An’am:59)
Sorry Dr M
- You cant blame Myuhiddin for Najib’s comeback.
- Najib came back because you demurred on your promise to Anwar.
- Najib came back because of the weakness in Pakatan Harapan due to the originary fallacy that you and Anwar were united.
- Najib came back because you lost your channel to the Agong when you tried to usurp his role by announcing that vote of confidence on 2 March 2020, feigning that His Majesty had consented.
- Najib came back because you lost credibility and trust when you tried to form a parliamentary dictatorship that was not acceptable to anyone.
- Najib came back because you were working with PAS to while PAS was working with UMNO.
- Najib came back because of you!
- If you are unable to strike an honest and enduring alliance with Anwar, Najib will remain.
Still, we have to acknowledge that, right or wrong, Dr M’s way is a தனி வழி (one of SUPERSTAR Rajinikanth’s greatest punchlines is “En vazhi thani vazhi,” which means, “My path is a unique path.”)
Indeed, in spite of all of the above intrigue and conflict, Anwar and Harapan still back Mahathir as their prime ministerial candidate. Even after a massive box office failure, the SUPERSTAR still remains the SUPERSTAR!
Bagai katak di tengah malam,
berputar pusing, melompat lambung;
Bermain sehingga tak lagi perasan ,
di mana depan, di mana belakang!
Nampaknya ‘main belakang’ bukan sahaja kata penghinaan merujuk kepada maksiat … tapi sudah menjadi istilah penggambaran hakikat politik Melayu sezaman!