Former MI6 chief offers his perspective on the Ukraine crisis at the Oxford Union on 1st March 2022. He seems very objective, but note –
- He sits on the board of BP
- Suggests that Putin may have lost his balance.
- Overlooks organized neo-nazi militia in Ukraine.
- Ignores the Ukrainian civil war.
- Avoids NATO expansionism and the recent militarization of Ukraine
- Reveals that what the West envisages valiant resistance followed by the fall of Ukrainian and a debilitating insurgency against the Russians.
- He offers the image of Putin as a cornered rat!
Very cool, very British, very James Bond!